Don Jazzy Net Worth 2018 Forbes and Biography
Born Michael Collins Ajereh, Don Jazzy is currently the most successful and richest music producer in Nigeria today. This producer, performer, songwriter and singer does not have a single album or track to call his own but he has produced stars in the Nigerian Music Industry today. This Nigerian from Abia State is always in collaboration with other artists, however, his songs and quality songs and his artists are talented.
- Full Name: Michael Collins Ajereh
- Don Jazzy Net Worth in Dollars: $35 Million
- State Of Origin: Abia State
- Place of Birth: Umuahia, Abia States
- Profession: Music Producer / Artist / Entertainer
- Charges Per Show: Varies
- Marital Status: Single
- Age / Date of Birth: November 26, 1982
- Private Phone Number: Not Available
- Record Label: Mavins Records
- Instagram / Twitter: @Donjazzy
Don Jazzy Net Worth 2018 Forbes and Biography
Don Jazzy was born on the 26th of November 1982 in his hometown Umuahia in Abia State, Nigeria. Don was raised in Ajegunle, Lagos with his three siblings, he attended a government college in Lagos before he got admission to study Business Administration at Ambrose Ali University. This unique producer has done vocals for many artists in Nigeria with his baritone voice and has performed at shows and events; it is no secret that you only see him as quality events because not everyone can afford to have the boss on their shows.
Don Jazzy started playing drums at a young age and later switched to bass guitar, he also learned how to play other musical instruments along the line. He was a very good drummer that knows what to do with a drumstick and it was not a surprise that he traveled to London to play drums in the year 2000. He was to play drums in a church on an invitation by his uncle but he also used the opportunity to do meager jobs that were bringing in money for him.
It was while Don Jazzy was working as a security in Macdonalds, London that he met a fellow Nigerian D’Banj and they both decided to go into music in partnership. They returned to Nigeria in 2004 and later formed “Mo’Hits” Record, it was a record label that later produced successful singers and performers in the industry. “Mo’ Hits” Record Label produced Dbanj, Wande Coal, Dr. Sid, D’Prince and his others with his production skills.
After forming Mo Hits Records with D’banj in 2004, he took the record label to another level in two years. With his famous introduction “Its Don Jazzy Again!” he produced albums like “No Long Thing”, “Run down\ Funk You Up” and “Curriculum Vitae”. He has been credited with the production of “The Entertainer” by D’Banj in 2008 and he also contributed to the production of “Mushin 2 Mohits” by Wande Coal, the album by Wande Coal has been described as the best album ever produced in Nigeria.
Although Don never produced any album of his own, he performed background vocals for his artists. He performed background vocals for artists like D’Banj, Dr Sid, D’Prince, Ikechukwu, Jay-J, and Kween. Don also provided background vocals for Kanye West on his song “Lift Off”, Kanye West employed him as a producer at Very Good Beatz. He worked with Kanye West and Jay-Z on their song production; they featured Beyonce on the album “Watch The Throne” which they released on 8th of August 2011.
Mo Hits disintegrated in 2012, D’banj and Don Jazzy revoked their collaboration and went their separate ways but the split never affects their work in any way. they both went ahead to become more successful in their careers after the split and their production and wealth today attests to the fact. Mo Hits ceased to exist after the break-up and subsequently became history. After the break-up, Don went ahead to form his own record label and named it “Mavins”.
Don Jazzy and Mavins Group
Don is the chairman of Mavin Record Label a label he established after the break up with D’Banj in 2012. He founded the label in May 2012 and released an album featuring artists he signed to his record label on the 8th of May 2012. The said album contains songs like Forever, Oma Ga, Amarachi, Chocolate, Take Banana, Yolo and the Mavin Anthem.
Don Jazzy “Marvin League” a social network platform to market his label designed to cater for fans all over the world and signed Tiwa Savage. He had a conflict with one of his artists Wande Coal on the 5th of November 2013 and he left Mavin Record Label two days later. Since he started the label he has successfully produced artists like Korede Bello, Reekado Banks, Di’Ja and Wande Coal, Wande later left the label and went solo.
Don produced a social activist song with Di’Ja and Reekado Banks in September 2014. Artists in Mavin Record Label collaborated on May 1st, 2014 to release a song title “Dorrobucci” the song was a nationwide hit and became a household song. They have also released other singles like “Looku Looku”, “Adaobi” and “Arise”.
Don Jazzy Net Worth In Dollars
It is public knowledge that Don is the richest music producer in Nigeria today; he has done well for himself in the music industry and succeeds far better than his counterparts in the industry. He is currently worth billions in Naira, his estimated net worth in dollars is over $35 million in dollars. Don made his as a music producer and he has signed multiple endorsement deals worth millions of dollars.
Don Jazzy’s Sources of Income
- Don makes cool cash from the singles release of the artists he signed; he also makes money from their event sales and album bookings. He got his signees Glo endorsements and we are sure he is making money from that too.
- Don Jazzy signed an endorsement deal with Loya milk in late 2012, the said deal is said to be worth #40 million naira and the deal is yet to expire.
- He also signed a deal with MTN also worth #25 million naira initially but it was later renewed at the rate of #40 million naira.
- Don is also a brand ambassador for Samsung, the deal he signed with the brand in 2013 is said to be close to #110 million.
- He recently signed a deal with Konga an e-commerce mall and the deal is said to be around #15 million.
Don Jazzy Awards
Don Jazzy has the following awards to his credit”
- Producer of the Year at Nigerian Music Awards in 2006
- Music Producer of the Year at Nigeria Entertainment Awards in 2007
- Producer of the Year at The Headies Awards in 2011
- Producer of the Year at The Headies Awards in 2014
- Special Recognition Award at City People Entertainment Awards in 2015
That’s all on Don Jazzy Net Worth 2018 Forbes In Dollars.
- DAVIDO NET WORTH & BIOGRAPHY
- Reekado Banks Net Worth and Biography
- Korede Bello Net Worth and Biography
- Tiwa Savage Net Worth and Biography
Tags: Don Jazzy Net Worth In Dollars 2018 Forbes